5 Summer Workout Tips
- Try to schedule outdoor workouts for cooler times of the day - early morning or early evenings.
- Sunscreen is a must and loose light-colored clothing can help you stay cool.
- Hydrate! with pure, clean water.
- Replenish electrolytes with electrolyte replenishing drinks and eat foods high in electrolytes, such as high potassium fruits like bananas, coconut, dates, and raisins.
- If you feel light-headed or nauseous - stop, rest, hydrate and replenish. Don't push yourself beyond your limits and always seek professional medical advice if you have any concerns.
- If outdoor running or hiking try to find shaded trails, however, please always be vigilant of your surroundings; or join in with a running or hiking group. Keep safe and be well.